Effective Date: December 21, 2018
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, use the interactive areas and features of the Site, and subscribe to a newsletter or email list.
The types of information we may collect from you include:
- Account information, such as your name, email address, password, and any other information you choose to provide which identifies you; and
- Other information you choose to provide, such as when you participate in the interactive area of the Site (for example, when you post Your Content to our online discussion boards).
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Site
When you access or use the Site, the types of information we automatically collect about you include:
- Log Information: When you visit the Site, our servers automatically record certain log file information, such as your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, operating system, browser type and language, referring URLs, access times, pages viewed, links clicked and other information about your activities on the Site.
- Information Collected by Cookies: We (and our service providers) use various technologies, including cookies, to collect information about you when you interact with our Site. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve the Site and your experience, see which areas and features of the Site are popular, and count visits. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below
USE OF INFORMATION
Next Gen Coalition uses the information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Site and provide you with relevant information;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Site;
- Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Next Gen Coalition and others;
- Maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work or perform services on our behalf;
- In response to requests from local, state, provincial or federal law enforcement officials, any judicial, administrative or similar proceeding or order, such as a subpoena if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by any applicable law;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Next Gen Coalition and others;
- To investigate suspected fraud, harassment, physical threats, or other violations of any law, rule or regulation, the Site’s rules or policies, or the rights of third parties or to investigate any suspected conduct which we deem improper;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- Between and among Next Gen Coalition and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, and other companies under common control and ownership;
- With your consent or at your direction; and
- As otherwise permitted or required by law.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
HOW NEXT GEN COALITION RESPONDS TO “DO NOT TRACK” SIGNALS
Many newer web browsers may have a “Do Not Track” preference that transmits a “Do Not Track” header to the websites you visit with information indicating that you do not want your activity to be tracked. Next Gen Coalition does not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed.
LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our Site may reference or provide links to third party websites. Other websites may also reference or link to our Site. Because these websites are not controlled by Next Gen Coalition, we are not responsible for the third party websites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our Site to review the privacy policies posted on every website that collects personally identifiable information. Please be aware that Next Gen Coalition does not control, endorse, screen or approve, nor are we responsible for, the privacy policies or information practices of third parties or their websites or mobile applications. Visiting these other websites is at your own risk.
Next Gen Coalition implements reasonable technical and organizational security measures designed to help protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of Personal Information. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be entirely secure, and we do not assume any liability for any damage suffered by you caused by the interception, alteration, or misuse of information during transmission that is outside of our reasonable control. Users must accept all risks associated with any data transmission, including the risk that their Personal Information may be intercepted in transit.
You may update, correct or modify information about you at any time by logging into your online account or by emailing us at email@example.com. If you wish to delete your account, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org but note we may continue to store information about you as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Site.